- 1 What is the sunniest city in the US?
- 2 What city has the most days of sunshine?
- 3 What is the sunniest month in Chicago?
- 4 What US city has the best year round weather?
- 5 What is the rainiest city in America?
- 6 Which US state is the sunniest?
- 7 What state gets the least sunshine?
- 8 Where is the sunniest place to live?
- 9 What is the sunniest capital city in the world?
- 10 Where is the cloudiest place on earth?
- 11 What is the cloudiest state?
- 12 What is the wettest month of the year in Chicago?
- 13 What is coldest month in Chicago?
What is the sunniest city in the US?
Sunniest cities in America; Austin ranks better than most
- Yuma, Arizona – 90%
- Redding, California – 88%
- Las Vegas, Nevada – 85%
- Phoenix, Arizona – 85%
- Tucson, Arizona – 85%
- El Paso, Texas – 84 %
- Fresno, California – 79%
- Reno, Nevada – 79%
What city has the most days of sunshine?
According to the World Meteorological Organization, Yuma (Arizona) is the sunniest place on earth. It has a total of 11 hours of sunlight in winter and up to 13 in summer. This means Yuma experiences an average of 4,015 hours of sunshine per year.
What is the sunniest month in Chicago?
Average monthly hours of sunshine in Chicago (Illinois)
- On average, July is the most sunny month with 333 hours of sunshine.
- December has on average the lowest amount of sunshine with 118 hours.
What US city has the best year round weather?
Best U.S. Cities for Year-Round Weather
- Orlando, FL.
- San Diego, CA.
- Santa Barbara, CA.
- Santa Fe, NM.
- Sarasota, FL.
- Scottsdale, AZ.
- St. George, UT.
- Tacoma, WA.
What is the rainiest city in America?
Mobile is the rainiest city in the United States. Mobile receives an average annual rainfall of 67 inches and has about 59 rainy days per year. Located on the Gulf of Mexico, Mobile’s winters tend to be mild and rainy, and the area is subjected to tropical storms and hurricanes during hurricane season.
Which US state is the sunniest?
The sunniest U.S. states are:
- Arizona – 5,755 kJ/m^2.
- New Mexico – 5,642 kJ/m^2.
- Nevada – 5,296kJ/m^2.
- Texas – 5,137 kJ/m^3.
- California – 5,050 kJ/m^2.
- Colorado – 4,960 kJ/m^2.
- Oklahoma – 4,912 kJ/m^2.
- Kansas – 4,890 kJ/m^2.
What state gets the least sunshine?
The absolute least sunny county in the lower U.S. is Island County, Wash. On an average day, it gets only about 60 percent of the solar radiation of a typical county in Southern California. The states bordering the Great Lakes — from Minnesota to New York — are all at the bottom of the sunlight distribution.
Where is the sunniest place to live?
Yuma, Ariz. Yuma is the sunniest city in the United States, with the sun shining 90 percent of the time, on average, according to the National Climatic Data Center.
What is the sunniest capital city in the world?
Perth, Western Australia In fact, it’s officially the sunniest capital city in the world, with an average of eight hours of sun per day, year-round.
Where is the cloudiest place on earth?
Tórshavn, Faroe Islands is the cloudiest city in the world based on sunlight duration.
What is the cloudiest state?
Many consider Alaska to be the cloudiest state in the nation, but actually, the majority of Alaska gets just as much sun as the Great Plains. The shore along the Gulf of Alaska, however, is an entirely different story. Juneau, for instance, averages just 44 days of sun per year.
What is the wettest month of the year in Chicago?
Annual precipitation in Chicago is moderate and relatively evenly distributed, the driest months being January and February and the wettest July and August.
What is coldest month in Chicago?
Chicago’s coldest month is January when the average temperature overnight is 14.3°F. In July, the warmest month, the average day time temperature rises to 83.5°F.